Recording secretary: _Ruby DiVittorio
Present: 12 members, 2 guests, 1 speaker1
Meeting Date 10/22/2010 Time of Meeting: 10:30 A.M
Location of Meeting: Chester Library
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order. Members, new members, and visitors were
welcomed by Marti Fann, President.
Secretary: The secretary’s report was read and accepted as read.
Treasurer : Carol Dutcher reported that dues are still due. We have collected member fees of $420,
had expendures of $50 and a net balance of $665.42
Hospitality: Louise Yuntz reminded us to sign up for refreshments. Todays refreshments were
provided by Norma Ruppar, Richard Leslie, and Louise Yuntz.
Exhibits: Marti said we will be exhibiting at Petersburg library for the month of Nov. Our work is due
there on Nov. 1st or 2nd. Ruby will take work to Petersburg for anyone who gets to work to
her by Nov. 2.
The name of the show is “Off the Wall” and we can each enter a couple of pieces.
Website: Fred Fann still needs new images for the slide show. He would like to have them about once
Classes: We will be moving the open studio to Wednesdays from 9 A.M. to noon.
Chesterfield Center For The Arts Found.: One of the members asked for clarification on how much we
pay to the Foundation in order to be a part. Marti said we paid $100 to be on the Board and
we will pay ½ of our net profit at the end of our year.
· The Christmas luncheon will be at Richard’s Dec. 9 at 11 A.M. Richard will provide all the food but you may bring something if you wish.
· Julie Northcott and Judy Harris both worn awards at Art Affair.
· Marti, Faye, Julie, Nancy, Ginny, and Ruby are all showing at Gallery 45.
· Marti is showing at Chiao Bella at Waterford Place.
· Faye, Julie, Marti, ant Judy Harris will also be showing at the Uptown Gallery.
· Paulette will have shows at both the Glen Allen Cultural Art Center and Cross Roads Art Gal.
· The library invited us to make ornaments for the library Christmas tree. We voted to decline.
The next meeting will be Nov. 19.
The program was presented by Chris Semtner, the curator of the Edgar Allen Poe Museum. As he showed his paintings he shared some of the thoughts behind the paintings.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned prior to enjoying refreshments.